The manager for Advocacy and Political Affairs reports to the Head/Director for Advocacy & Political Affairs and supports the entire team.
- EuroCommerce is the principal organisation representing retail and wholesale in Europe. It embraces national associations in 27 European countries and 35 leading retailers and wholesalers.
- Retailers and wholesalers provide daily an essential service to millions of business customers and individual consumers. We are the largest private sector employer, providing 26 million jobs in Europe. 5 million businesses in Europe contribute 10% of the EU GDP and play a key role as a lynchpin of local communities. We are a recognised social partner for retail and wholesale at EU level.
- The sector is embracing significant change as it needs to invest in digital technology, sustainability and talents/skills to enable change.
- Support the team with external outreach & advocacy needs
- Manage and expand a network of contacts in particular within the European Parliament
- Monitor EU developments on specific issues of relevance to retail and wholesale and maintain an information service for the team and members (EU and sector information)
- 3-5 years of experience in advocacy/public affairs at EU level and/or experience within EU institutions
- A keen interest in politics and knowledge of the EU political scene, and a sound understanding of EU institutions and processes
- A keen interest in retail and wholesale
- Excellent communication skills in written and spoken English; good knowledge of other European languages is an asset
- Dynamic and resourceful team player with demonstrable organisational and inter-personal skills, and a learning attitude; capable to deliver results on time and adapt swiftly to changing priorities, tasks and needs; ability to manage different projects and issues in parallel.
What we offer
- An exciting role offering the possibility to interact with representatives from the EU institutions, our members and stakeholders
- A dynamic, diverse and multicultural work environment and a team of enthusiastic and committed professionals
- An organisation that invests in and stimulates personal and team development
- A work location at the heart of the European quarter
- The opportunity to represent the interests of the EU’s largest private employer, offering an essential service to millions of EU customers on matters that concern technological advancements, the move toward a more sustainable future and the day-to-day challenges faced by companies.