The Communications assistant reports to the Head of Communications and supports the entire team.
- EuroCommerce is the principal organisation representing retail and wholesale in Europe. It embraces national associations in 27 European countries and 35 leading retailers and wholesalers.
- Retailers and wholesalers provide daily an essential service to millions of business customers and individual consumers. We are the largest private sector employer, providing 26 million jobs in Europe. 5 million businesses in Europe contribute 10% of the EU GDP and play a key role as a lynchpin of local communities. We are a recognised social partner for retail and wholesale at EU level.
- The sector is embracing significant change as it needs to invest in digital technology, sustainability and talents/skills to enable change.
- We are investing in new Communication tools and are looking for creative input to communicate our messages.
- Support the Head of Communications and the team with the design (layout, illustrations, concept, presentations), dissemination and management of external communication products (including infographics, videos, publications).
- Provide event management support.
- Maintain our digital communication tools (website, video, digital engagement, members’ digital platform, etc.).
- Maintain and police brand identity.
- Maintain and improve our contact management systems.
- Administrative support.
- up to 5 years of experience in communications.
- Solid experience in the use and development of digital communication tools (WordPress, LinkedIn, Twitter, Canva, Sharepoint, Mailchimp, Streamyard…).
- Solid experience in CRM and other contact management tools.
- Experience with video filming and editing is an asset.
- Ability to work with Excel.
- Dynamic and resourceful team player with demonstrable organisational and inter-personal skills, and a learning attitude; capable to deliver results on time and adapt swiftly to changing priorities, tasks and needs; ability to manage different projects and issues in parallel.
- Attention to detail is a must.
- Excellent communication skills in written and spoken English; good knowledge of other European languages is an asset.
- Experience in political communication in Brussels is an asset.
What we offer
- A dynamic, diverse and multicultural work environment and a team of enthusiastic and committed professionals.
- An organisation that invests in and stimulates personal and team development.
- A work location at the heart of the European quarter.
- The opportunity to represent the interests of the EU’s largest private employer, offering an essential service to millions of EU customers on matters that concern technological advancements, the move toward a more sustainable future and the day-to-day challenges faced by companies.
Please submit your application letter and CV as soon as possible, interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis.